||Rev Arnie Wierenga
will not be
October 13th, 2013
he will be running
to raise funds for
HE'S DONE IT!
- A personal best
- 1 hr, 46 min, 53 sec
- 11 min, 48 sec off his 2011 time
- Total raised $5,583
- That's $264.58 per kilometre
EFT final donations to:
- St. Margaret's Uniting Church
- Commonwealth Bank Mooroolbark
- BSB 06 3231
- Account No. 1019 1975
- Swift Code: CTBAAU2S (overseas only)
- with reference REV RUNS
or contact St. Margaret's Treasurer below.
How to Support RYDA...
RUBAGA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, UGANDA
His pain ... Their gain.
|Why do this Arnie?
I see running for RYDA as a way to live out my faith. A half-marathon is personally challenging, but it is minor in comparison to the challenges these young people have to go through.
Then why RYDA?
My congregation have supported RYDA for 17 years. We know every dollar raised helps to change the lives of orphaned and vulnerable children and youths in Uganda.
Put Arnie's energy to good use!
Click the image below to download or print a sponsorship form.
Go for it!
Collect lots of sponsors.
Together we can make a difference.
|Look at this man go!
Arnie has been training all through Melbourne's winter.
Fog, rain, sun, wind - his commitment never waivers.
Look for him if you are in the Dandenong Ranges. The hills are his training track!
He will run more than 1000km before October 13th.
- Arnie Wierenga
Arnie is available for interviews
- Marj Hookey
St. Margaret's Treasurer
- Doug. Williams
St. Margaret's RYDA Support Co-ordinator
email@example.com ... 03 9726 6968
- RYDA's children come from orphaned or otherwise disadvantaged backgrounds. At RYDA they are trained in life skills and to government standard in a chosen trade. When they graduate they are assisted to find work. View the slide show below to get a sense of what this opportunity means to these young people.
Will he beat his 2011 time??
(The file is a virus-free self-running 'exe' file of slides with music. If your virus checker rejects it, use this ZIP version and unzip before double-clicking.).
Rejoice as you celebrate their 2013 Graduation Highlights
Think of it. Every person in this photo came to RYDA as a vulnerable youth:
- perhaps orphaned,
- perhaps from the street,
- perhaps from child labour,
- perhaps for some other reason, facing a hopeless future.
these children are graduating with a government approved qualification!
- choosing to live at RYDA,
- choosing one of RYDA's vocational training programs,
- choosing to work hard and achieve their best result,
CELEBRATE WITH THEM!
- Click the link and save the file.
- Turn on your computer speakers.
- Double click the saved file.
Background music performed by Lydia Nakyeyune who was sponsored through primary school by a group of St. Margaret's members. Lydia is now an adult with her own child. The material for the gowns in the video was supplied by Girls Education Movement which is linked to UNESCO and operates in several African countries.